ANSYS AIM Overview - Structural Capabilities
This webinar recording demonstrates the general advantages of using ANSYS AIM, especially for current DesignSpace users looking to upgrade.
The following features of ANSYS AIM will be explored:
- Solid modeling: SpaceClaim Direct modeler
- Nonlinear contacts (Frictional, Frictionless, Rough)
- ANSYS Fatigue
- Transient thermal analysis Nonlinear (large deformation) analysis
- Multiphysics capability (CFD, FSI, EM, Conjugate Heat Transfer)
- Guided workflows (Templates)
- ANSYS Customization suite
AIM provides a single environment (User Interface) where all the different simulations (physics) can be performed, eliminating the need to learn a different tool for each simulation type. Additionally, AIM is on a rapid update schedule (3 updates per year), allowing new features to be added quickly.