ANSYS Capture License Server Information
Procedure to obtain data necessary to create ANSYS, Inc. license key(s):
Run the following procedure on each system that you have designated to be a license server.
The system will ask you to answer several questions about yourself and your company. The system's hostname, FLEXlm hostid and hostid type will be displayed along with other information.
Please forward this information to your SimuTech sales representative so that license key(s) can be created for you.
- From the list below, download the appropriate Windows zip file for the license server machine’s operating system (OS).
- Unzip the zip file.
- Run the AnsRegSvr.exe file on the license server machine.
- In the AnsRegSvr utility’s dialog box, enter the information for your site and then press the OK button to display the license server information. (If you do not know your customer number, leave that information blank.)
- Press the dialog’s "Create File" button and select the desired file location.
- Repeat this process for any other Windows systems that will be license servers.
- Return this file to your SimuTech sales representative.
NOTE: nCode licenses must be created using the machine’s Ethernet address. If you need a license for nCode, this special hostid type can be retrieved by opening a command prompt window, going to the directory containing the AnsRegSvr.exe file, and issuing the following command: .\AnsRegSvr.exe /e
From the list below, download the tar file for the UNIX/Linux system that will be a license server.
Untar the tar file (tar xvf <tar_file_name>) where <tar_file_name> is the name of the tarfile.
Follow the instructions in the README file contained in the tar file.
Repeat this process for any other UNIX/Linux systems that will be license servers.
Return this file to your SimuTech sales representative.
**** IMPORTANT: ANSYS R16 and later installations require a 64 bit license server ****