Oil & Gas Refining Equipment
ANSYS FEA and CFD simulation software has been used extensively in the design and engineering of the Oil & Gas refinery equipment. A number of SimuTech customers are using ANSYS FEA and CFD software for Oil & Gas refinery projects.
SimuTech has completed many consulting projects directly associated with the refinery equipment for Oil & Gas.
In addition to simulation software and services, SimuTech is a leader in vibration diagnostics to the Oil & Gas industry.
FCC Blower Optimization
|Design Element||Challenges||Simulation Benefits|
|Optimizing Cracker Performance
- Heat transfer to process tubes
- Control of tube temperatures
- Pollutant (NOx) reduction
- Staged low-NOx burners would have flame roll-over
- Wall and floor burner placements
- Control process stream in tubes
- Sample Case - ABB Lummus Global used simulation to:
- Model flow and reaction in process tubes to get accurate tube temperatures
- Identify initial design flaws
- Optimize changes in wall inlet angles and floor burner placement
- New design is up and running, performing as advertised at end-user site
|FCC Blower Optimization
- FCC performance is limited by blower performance
- Coke on FCC catalyst burned off in the regenerator
- The blower designed to draw air and supply it to the regenerator internal air blower manifold.
- Blower efficiency was below 90%
- Significantly less than that of other similar units
- Sample Client Case Results and Benefits
- Line from the ambient air inlet to the blower intake port simulated in search of flow distribution problems
- Air flow through the line was strongly skewed by an unexpected interaction between two bends and the valve wafer in its normal open position
- Flow concentrated on one side of the line at blower entrance, reducing efficiency
- The equilibrium open position of the valve wafer could be adjusted.
- Sidestepping of more expensive modifications
- Potential for incremental capacity benefits exceeding $6 million/yr