Discovery SpaceClaim Benefits
Ease of Use
With minimal training, anyone can utilize this user-friendly CAD tool. As quickly as you can innovate, you can create or modify any 3D file with SpaceClaim’s direct modeling paradigm. SpaceClaim frees you from the limitations of traditional concept modeling so you can focus on creating and designing, not the on technology.
Quickly repair, edit, or even create 3D CAD or faceted files types with Discovery SpaceClaim. You can easily share projects with R&D engineers, customers, CAE analysts, fellow team members, and manufacturers. No matter the origin (suppliers, online resources, or your in-house library), import and integrate any geometry in one environment.
Flexibility and Versatility
The unique toolset in Discovery SpaceClaim enables you to design rough concepts or highly detailed designs, no matter the modeling task or your level of training. You can even edit 3D data from other CAD systems. Prepare models for manufacturing, 3D printing, or simulation with the same tools, or reverse engineer faceted/STL files for use downstream.
Discovery SpaceClaim Features
- Model 3D parts, assemblies, drawings or import and edit CAD data
- Create manufacturing fixtures, process plans, or optimize and repair models for toolpath creation
- Reverse engineer or autosurface any STL file in seconds
- Prepare, optimize or edit any model for 3D printing
- Design, import, unfold and optimize sheet metal files
SpaceClaim assists with manufacturing and design applications, concept modeling, and simulation preparation workflows. All bundle options include Discovery SpaceClaim.
Discovery Live Benefits
What if you could make changes directly on a 3D model and immediately learn the impact of those changes? With Discovery Live, you don’t need to wait for modifications in geometry, remeshing, or resolving. Results are re-computed immediately—no need to start over.
When a load is increased, an input velocity drops, or a material is changed, you gain immediate insight with Discovery Live. Eliminate unneeded geometry preparation and use multiple physics on the same model.
Discovery Live generates answers as fast as you can ask questions. Discovery Live is the only simulation tool that allows you to change the rate, location, and size of a particle stream, then instantly switch to a composite view to see the model’s maximum pressures throughout.
Discovery Live Features
- See instant engineering simulation results for designer-level applications
- Eliminate geometry cleanup, meshing, solving and post-processing
- Perform structural, internal/external fluids, thermal and modal analysis
- Edit geometry from any CAD source or model new ideas for exploration
- Receive live updates as you change physics types or inputs, make geometry edits or alter display characteristics
- Benefit from the readily available power of GPUs (graphical processing units)
Discovery Live’s groundbreaking technology is the bridge between design and simulation. Engineers can explore bigger solution spaces with more iterations. Discovery Live is included in Ultimate and Standard bundles.