Test Engineer - Rochester, NYSimuTech Group is looking for an enthusiastic test engineer to work in a small technical group that is focused on providing our worldwide customer base with a variety of testing services including vibration, strain gage, and radio telemetry both in-house and on-site. Typical applications for our services include experimental modal analysis, natural frequency measurements, strain gage installation, Campbell testing, and moment weighing with an emphasis on turbomachinery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review test requirements and assist sales personnel in developing proposals.
- Prepare for tests by planning, acquiring equipment, and coordinating with customers.
- Perform tests in-house at SimuTech Group including quality assurance and strain gage installation
- Perform tests at customer facilities that entail extensive travel and extended hours
- Document test results and provide comprehensive reports to customers.
- Oversee equipment certification for frequently used instruments and sensors.
- Work with numerical simulation engineers (mechanical, structural, fluids, electromagnetics) to combine testing and simulation results, and to craft cohesive design and analysis reports. Potential development path for numerical simulation (finite element analysis, FEA)
- BSME diploma at minimum. MS Engineer preferred.
- Excellent English communication skillset (written and verbal).
- Strong knowledge and experience in vibration and strain measurements.
- Strong applied mechanical (shop) and instrumentation skills
- Outstanding customer relationship skills
- Proven analytical skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willing to travel world-wide on short notice.
- Ability to think on your feet and improvise when needed to get a job done (problem solving).
- Good physical condition. Confined space work, work at height, and heavy lifting required.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a demonstrated ability to work well independently.
- Team player with a great overall attitude.
- Commitment to total customer satisfaction.
- Electives in electronics, structural dynamics and mechanics of materials
- Experience with 3D CAD
- Experience with numerical simulation (CFD, FEA)
- Experience with working at heights (ideally certified)
This position is located in our Rochester, NY office.
About our company:SimuTech Group is a growing test and simulation technology company with employees in Rochester, NY; Everett, WA; Denver, CO; Cleveland, OH; Cincinnati, OH; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Toronto, Ontario; and Montreal, Quebec.
We are a well-developed test organization with a legacy of many decades. Our particular expertise in rotating equipment has recently been strengthened with an expansion into the wind turbine industry. SimuTech Group has also been the dominant supplier of the ANSYS family of simulation products to leading companies in the USA and Canada. Our customers rely on us to help them become more productive, improve their engineering processes, and thrive in today's competitive market. We have become a valued partner and a key member of their engineering team.
SimuTech Group is committed to the success of our customers. We work hand-in-hand with them to increase their simulation productivity and fidelity, enabling the development of advanced products and manufacturing processes.
Culture and Management Philosophy
SimuTech Group is an equal opportunity employer offering a stimulating and challenging environment. We encourage each employee to explore their full potential and push the limits of their expertise. We also support our employees in developing their competencies, and the recognition of such is part of the DNA of the company. Each member of our staff is a simulation expert (FEA, CFD, EM) who also maintains expertise in one or more specialized fields. Our engineers have advanced degrees from leading engineering schools and many years of experience in the engineering consulting business. We maintain a high level of professionalism in a friendly, cooperative environment. SimuTech Group aspires to be recognized as an outstanding employer.