Regional Sales Manager - Midwest (Chicago Region)SimuTech Group consists of several US and Canadian sales and engineering office locations whose primary function is the sale/distribution of ANSYS engineering simulation software and related customer support, training, and consulting services. The primary responsibility of the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is to drive new business sales of ANSYS Software through the direction of field sales and inside sales activities with a particular emphasis on large account development. The RSM provides direction and guidance directly to sales reps and other sales professionals. The RSM develops plans and strategies to promote the success of the field sales and inside sales functions and maintains effective communications with executives and managers across the company to ensure proper sensitivity to the needs of the field sales force. Over the longer term, this position will initiate the development of new distributor relationships to sell software complementary to ANSYS products.
- Mentors, coaches and educates sales personnel in terms of sales techniques and tactics.
- Lead and work with local sales personnel to develop large dollar opportunities at larger accounts.
- Oversee assigned geographic area to drive sales personnel to meet ANSYS New Business annual sales targets.
- Identify consulting sales opportunities.
- Interface with ANSYS corporate sales management on specific business issues (i.e. special pricing) as well as strategic issues.
- Develops specific plans to ensure revenue growth in all company’s products/services.
- Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly, and monthly revenue streams.
- Provides assessments of field sales, inside sales, and sales support staff productivity.
- Identify and transfer sales “best practices” among office locations.
- Deal with sales personnel issues in cooperation with local office management.
- Explore and evaluate business development opportunities for complementary SW and consulting
Job Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, or marketing or equivalent training in business or sales management.
- MBA preferred.
- Experience in engineering SW sales management.
- Direct sales experience including large accounts.
- 5+ years experience within the engineering SW industry.
- Highest level of knowledge of company's products/services, pricing practices, and selling skills.
- Effective management skills with ability to manage a major portion of the company's field sales operations.
- Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, human relations, presentation, and organization skills.
- Professional appearance and presentation required.
- Excellent PC knowledge and various software applications.
- Must maintain a valid US passport.
- Travel ~25%
This position will report to the VP of Sales located in the Rochester, NY metro area.
About this company:SimuTech Group is an engineering services company specializing in ANSYS finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulation software as well as testing services.
As the largest full service provider of ANSYS FEA and CFD simulation software in North America, we have offices in Atlanta, Calgary, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Montreal, Rochester, San Diego, Seattle and Toronto.
We provide sales, technical support, training and consulting services for ANSYS simulation software.
Training is provided at nine facilities throughout North America. Customized on-site training is also available.