Mechanical (Computational Fluid Dynamics) Engineer
SimuTech Group, Inc. is looking for a mechanical engineer with 0-5 years of industry experience to join a world-class CFD/FEA/EM support and consulting team. This position is located in the Toronto, Ontario (Canada) office.
NOTE: You must be legally allowed to work in Canada and be eligible to become a Canadian permanent resident / citizen. If you do not meet these criteria, please do NOT respond to this posting.
You will use software such as ANSYS Fluent and CFX to provide:
1) Technical Support
2) Pre-sales support
4) Technical training
Teach ANSYS classes at client sites, on-line, and in SimuTech offices across Canada and in the U.S.
You will become a key member of our technical team and will work and learn in a challenging technical environment. Your success will be measured not only by helping to grow our FEA, CFD and EM business, but also by continued development of your own technical skills by solving challenging problems in a wide variety of industries. Each member of our staff is a fluids (CFD), structural (FEA) or electromagnetics (EM) expert who also maintains expertise in one or more specialized fields. Many of our engineers have advanced degrees with extensive experience in the engineering consulting business. We maintain a high level of professionalism in a friendly, cooperative, flexible environment.
This posting is for the Toronto, Ontario location, and as such you MUST be legally allowed to work in Canada to be considered for this position.
Please confirm this requirement in your application.
- Excellent English-based technical writing and verbal skills
- Documented industry experience with: ANSYS Fluent and/or CFX
- Ability to communicate with customers on a technical pre-sales basis to help drive software and services sales
- Superb problem-solving and analytical skills
- Solid theoretical background in fluid mechanics, heat transfer and numerical methods backed up by real-world, production-level experience
- Documented experience (as evidenced by industry experience and/or publications in reputable journals) in at least one of these areas:
- heat transfer
- multiphase flow
- fluid structure interaction (FSI)
- Familiarity with grid generation and meshing techniques (Workbench Meshing, ICEM, Fluent Meshing/T-Grid, Gridgen, Hypermesh)
- Personable attitude with an ability to work well with clients and other staff
- Engineering Degree – Master’s or Ph.D level preferred
- Eligibility for a Professional Engineering license in Ontario
- Ability to travel across Canada and into the U.S.
Qualifications we consider a definite plus:
- Programming skills in C, Fortran and Python, and experience with User Defined Functions (UDF’s) and/or CFX Expression Language (CEL)
- “Whole System” mindset including aspects such as:
- Fluid Structure Interaction (FSI)
- Electromagnetic and Fluid interaction (ex: Solenoids)
- Simplorer / Simulink system level analysis
- Academic background or work experience in structural mechanics (FEA), electromagnetics (EM) or controls
- Ability to use 3D CAD to modify parts and assemblies (SpaceClaim Direct Modeler, DM, Solidworks, ProE or Unigraphics preferred)
- Practical ANSYS experience manipulating and/or modeling complex 3D assemblies
- Experience with optimization and DOE methods
- French language skills
- Teaching experience
About SimuTech Group, Inc.
SimuTech Group, Inc. is a growing simulation technology company with employees in Everett, WA; Denver, CO; Rochester, NY; Cleveland, OH; Cincinnati, OH; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Toronto, Ontario; and Montreal, Quebec.
SImuTech Group has been the dominant supplier of the ANSYS family of products to leading companies in the USA and Canada. Our customers rely on us to help them become more productive, improve their engineering processes, and thrive in today's competitive market. We have become a valued partner and a key member of their engineering team.
SimuTech Group is committed to the success of our customers. We work hand-in-hand with them to increase their simulation productivity and fidelity, enabling the development of advanced products and manufacturing processes.
Culture and Management Philosophy
SimuTech Group is an equal opportunity employer offering a stimulating and challenging environment. We encourage each employee to explore their full potential and push the limits of their expertise. We also support our employees in developing their competencies, and the recognition of such is part of the DNA of the company. Each member of our staff is a simulation expert (FEA, CFD, EM) who also maintains expertise in one or more specialized fields. Our engineers have advanced degrees from leading engineering schools and many years of experience in the engineering consulting business. We maintain a high level of professionalism in a friendly, cooperative environment. STG aspires to be recognized as an outstanding employer.