Inside Sales & Marketing - Northeast (Rochester)
If you are motivated and driven by a culture where excellent work ethics, hard work and passion are rewarded, then a position as an inside sales representative with SimuTech Group may be for you!
We are looking for a high-energy, driven individual with excellent communication skills who is ready for an opportunity to drive sales and impact revenue growth. To succeed, you’ll need to be both a farmer and a hunter, be persistent in your approach and be someone who won’t take no for an answer. These traits are essential to helping get our sales team into new doors and generate additional business with existing customers. Customer service, sales, call center or management experience are a huge plus!
You will sell ANSYS products and SimuTech technical services to prospects via phone & some face-to-face contact. ANSYS (NASQ: ANSS) is an engineering simulation company and leads the market in Simulation-Driven Product Development. You will have an incredible technical team of Structural, Thermal, Fluids and Electromagnetics engineers to support you and help you qualify and close deals.
Be part of an international success story that makes a difference!
Position: Inside Sales Representative
Reports to: Inside Sales Manager
Location: Rochester, NY
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Responsible for setting appointments through research and phone calls for both new prospects and current customers
- Manage field marketing activities (along with Business Development Managers) for both new prospects and current customers including but not limited to executing activities such as event preparation, marketing, attendance and follow up
- Conduct industry, company and prospect research in assigned territory
- Identify and contact prospective new customers to determine technical needs
- Make high-quality phone calls focusing on building rapport, uncovering needs and ultimately booking appointments
- Challenge prospects by proposing new tools and new engineering processes to drive business
- Work closely with Business Development Manager to support any internal sales team needs
- Engage our engineering staff for support with prospect calls, application questions and other various resources
- Maintain and track records of calls, appointments and field marketing event attendance
Desired Skills and Experience:
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must be a winner with a great attitude
- Self-motivated, driven and persistent work-ethic
- Excellent communication, listening and rapport building skills
- Ready for extensive prospecting and researching
- Prepared for heavy call volume
- Exercise effective time management skills
- Professional appearance and presentation are expected and required
- Proficient use of the internet, Microsoft Office and CRM tools (ie Salesforce.com)
- Methodical and organized, yet creative in your sales approach
- Must be able to work well in a group as well as independently
- Capacity to learn and retain basic technical/product knowledge
- Customer service oriented
Helpful Qualifications / Non-Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Previous sales experience (software sales is ideal)
- Familiarity with Engineering Simulation products
- An understanding of engineering processes and related technology (CAD, HPC etc)
- Basic Excel and Powerpoint skills
About our company:
SimuTech Group is an engineering services company specializing in ANSYS finite element analysis (FEA), computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and electromagnetics software. We provide sales, technical support, training and consutling services for ANSYS simulation software. SimuTech Group also offers extensive testing services.
As an Elite Channel Partner and the largest full service provider of ANSYS simulation software in North America we have offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Montreal, Rochester (headquartered here), San Diego, Seattle and Toronto.
Training is provided at nine facilities throughout North America. Customized on-site training is also available to our customers.
SimuTech Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.