Electro-Mechanical EngineerSimuTech Group is looking for a degreed electrical engineer with 0-5 years of industry experience to join a world-class support and consulting team. The position will be based in our Rochester, NY office.
NOTE: If you are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green-card holder), please do NOT respond to this posting. Only U.S. citizens and permanent residents (green- card holders) will be considered.
You will use software such as ANSYS Maxwell, PExprt, RMxprt, and Simplorer to provide:
- Technical Support
- Provide technical support to end-users of ANSYS by phone, e-mail, or in person
- Pre-sales support
- Work with our account managers to determine the customer's software needs, answer customer questions during the sales process, and provide software demos/presentations on a variety of subjects
- Work with customers to determine their analysis requirements and expectations
- Develop quotes/proposals by determining scopes, costs, and schedules
- Complete consulting projects on time and within budget
- Work with customers to propose alternative design ideas
- Write analysis reports and other technical documents requested by the customer
- Technical training
- Teach ANSYS classes at client sites, on-line, and in SimuTech offices across the U.S. and in Canada
You will become a key member of our technical staff and will work and learn in a challenging technical environment. Your success will be measured not only by helping to grow our simulation business, but also by continued development of your own technical skills by solving challenging problems in a wide variety of industries. Each member of our staff is a simulation (FEA, CFD, EMAG) expert who also maintains expertise in one or more specialized fields. Many of our engineers have advanced degrees with extensive experience in the engineering consulting business. We maintain a high level of professionalism in a friendly, cooperative, flexible environment.
The available positions will be based in the SimuTech Northeast (Rochester, NY) office. You MUST be a US citizen or hold a green card to be considered for this position. Please confirm this requirement in your application along with your preferred office location.
- Excellent English-based technical writing and verbal skills
- Documented industry experience with applied electrical engineering simulation or in research with a strong focus on ANSYS Maxwell or a similar 3D electromagnetics tool
- Ability to communicate with customers on a technical pre-sales basis to help drive software and services sales
- Superb problem-solving and analytical skills
- Solid theoretical background in low frequency electromagnetic fields, circuits, electric machines, and numerical methods
- Interest in system modeling using Simplorer
- Documented experience (as evidenced by industry experience and/or publications in reputable journals) in at least one of these areas:
- Electric Machines/Motors/Generators (Preferred)
- Power Electronics
- Automotive electrical/electromechanical systems
- Magnetic Sensors/Transformers/Resolvers
- Fuel Injectors
- Personable attitude with an ability to work well with clients and other staff
- Engineering Degree – Master’s or Ph.D level preferred
Qualifications we consider a definite plus:
- Ability to use 3-D CAD to modify or simplify parts and assemblies (SpaceClaim Direct Modeler, DM, Solidworks, ProE or Unigraphics preferred)
- Interest in multiphysics (e.g. electromagnetic, structural, thermal, fluids, acoustics...)
- Experience with optimization and DOE methods
- Basic scripting/programming skills in any of the following: J-script, Python, C#, VB, .Net, C++
About SimuTech Group
SimuTech Group is a growing simulation technology company with employees in Everett, WA; Denver, CO; Rochester, NY; Cleveland, OH; Cincinnati, OH; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Toronto, Ontario; and Montreal, Quebec.
SimuTech Group has been the dominant supplier of the ANSYS family of products to leading companies in the USA and Canada. Our customers rely on us to help them become more productive, improve their engineering processes, and thrive in today's competitive market. We have become a valued partner and a key member of their engineering team.
SimuTech Group is committed to the success of our customers. We work hand-in-hand with them to increase their simulation productivity and fidelity, enabling the development of advanced products and manufacturing processes.
Culture and Management Philosophy
SimuTech Group is an equal opportunity employer offering a stimulating and challenging environment. We encourage each employee to explore their full potential and push the limits of their expertise. We also support our employees in developing their competencies, and the recognition of such is part of the DNA of the company. Each member of our staff is a simulation expert (FEA, CFD, EM) who also maintains expertise in one or more specialized fields. Our engineers have advanced degrees from leading engineering schools and many years of experience in the engineering consulting business. We maintain a high level of professionalism in a friendly, cooperative environment. SimuTech Group aspires to be recognized as an outstanding employer.
SimuTech Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.