Business Development Manager - Central (Cleveland area)
We are looking for a critical thinker who is ready for an opportunity to exercise judgment and assume significant responsibility for revenue growth as both a farmer and a hunter. To succeed, you'll need to mix rebel creativity and due process to craft large software and services deals that are win-win! Be part of an international success story that makes a difference.
You will sell ANSYS products and SimuTech technical services directly to end users via phone & face-to-face contact. ANSYS is the largest independent Engineering Simulation company that leads the Simulation-Driven Product Development (SDPD) movement. You will typically be responsible for both transactional and moderately complex enterprise sales. You have an incredible technical team of Mechanical Engineers to help you qualify & close deals.
Essential Job Functions/Accountabilities:
- Lead software sales and field marketing activities for new and renewal business for the Central/Ohio/Indiana region (within a 3 hour driving time radius of Cleveland, Ohio)
- Challenge clients by proposing new tools & new engineering processes
- Develop & grow long term relationships with clients, prospects and current customers
- Identify, contact and visit prospective new customers to determine technical needs
- Engage our Engineering staff to map products/services to client’s identified challenges
- Work with inside sales to coordinate prospecting and lead generation
- Structure consulting deals to drive ANSYS software sales
- Maintain and update sales records and prepare sales reports as required in Salesforce.com
- Develop, plan and execute customer-facing events such as user groups, hands on workshops and industry seminars
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required, as well as the ability to work independently.
Desired Skills and Experience
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must be a winner with a great attitude
- Ready for local travel, with heavy phone usage daily
- Professional appearance and presentation required
- Good communication skills and proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must able to work well in a group and independently
- Both methodical and creative
Helpful Qualifications / Non-requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Extensive knowledge of the market including key industries, key contacts and the ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Previous software sales experience
- An understanding of engineering processes and related technology (CAD, 3D printing, HPC, etc.)
- Works well with large and small direct accounts and experienced at researching and developing individual accounts
This position reports to the Ohio Regional Sales Manager and is based in the Cleveland metro area.
About this company:
SimuTech Group is an engineering services company specializing in ANSYS finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulation software as well as testing services.
As the largest full service provider of ANSYS FEA and CFD simulation software in North America, we have offices in Atlanta, Calgary, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Montreal, Rochester, San Diego, Seattle and Toronto.
We provide sales, technical support, training and consulting services for ANSYS simulation software.
Training is provided at nine facilities throughout North America. Customized on-site training is also available.