SimuTech Group is looking for a degreed mechanical engineer with 5+ years industry experience who wants to join a world-class FEA support and consulting team in our Chicago (Des Plaines, IL) office.
NOTE: If you are not a US citizen or permanent resident (green card holder) please do NOT respond to this posting. Only US citizens and permanent residents (green card holders) will be considered for the position.
Your credentials should include the following in order to qualify for the position:
- Excellent English-based technical writing and verbal skills
- Documented industrial experience with: ANSYS Mechanical (Workbench) and ANSYS Mechanical APDL (formerly called ANSYS classic)
- Ability to communicate with customers on a technical pre-sales basis to help drive software and services sales
- Creative engineer with superb problem solving and analytical skills
- Solid theoretical background in structural mechanics and numerical methods backed up by real world, production level experience
- Expertise in practical application of FEA modeling
- Documented experience with structural linear static, linear implicit dynamics (modal, harmonic, spectrum response, random response), steady state and transient thermal analysis methods
- Experience (as evidenced by industry experience and/or publications in reputable journals) in at least one of the following areas: non-linear implicit analysis methods (non-linear materials including plasticity and hyperelasticy as well as contact and large strain / large deformation), implicit dynamics including linear and time domain transient, transient thermal, explicit dynamics
- Familiarity with grid generation and meshing techniques (Workbench Meshing, Mechanical APDL or ICEM)
- Basic programming skills in any of the following: J-script, Python, APDL, C#, VB, .Net, Fortran, C++
- Personable with an ability to work well with clients and other staff
Experience in these other areas and characteristics will be considered a plus:
- Knowledge of ANSYS licensing methods and installation
- ANSYS programming including GUI customization in J-script and Python
- Explicit dynamics modeling (crash impact, metal forming simulations, etc.) using LS-Dyna, Autodyne or Abaqus Explicit
- Ability to use 3-D CAD to build parts and assemblies (SpaceClaim Direct Modeler, Solidworks, ProE or Unigraphics preferred)
- Practical ANSYS experience manipulating and/or modeling complex 3-D assemblies
- Academic background or work experience in fluid mechanics and CFD
- Optimization and DOE methods
- Possess a large contact base in the industry
Duties of the position relate to the application and use of various software products such as ANSYS Mechanical and Mechanical APDL and include the following:
- Tech Support to end-users of the software
- Providing technical pre-sales support to our account managers on software sales and consulting services
- Consulting projects
- Technical training
If you are selected to join us, you will become a key member of our technical staff and will work and learn in a challenging technical environment. Success will be measured not only by helping to grow our FEA & CFD business, but also by continued development of your own technical skills by solving challenging problems in a wide variety of industries. Each member of our staff is a CFD or FEA expert who also maintains an expertise in one or more specialized fields. Many of our engineers have advanced degrees from the top US and Commonwealth engineering schools with a number of years experience in the engineering consulting business. We maintain a high level of professionalism in a friendly, cooperative environment.
SimuTech Group provides critical engineering solutions to a diverse group of manufacturing companies and product developers through sophisticated engineering software and consulting services. These CAE solutions include Finite Element Analysis, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Industry-Specific Software Customization, Web-Deployment of these Vertical Applications, Mentoring, and Training.
SimuTech Group has been the dominant supplier of the ANSYS CFD & FEA family of products to leading companies in the USA and Canada. They rely on us to help them become more productive, improve their engineering processes, and help them to thrive in today's competitive market. We have become a valued partner and a key member of their engineering team.
SimuTech Group is a growing simulation technology company with nearly 80 employees located in Everett, WA; Denver, CO; Rochester, NY; Cleveland, OH; Cincinnati, OH; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Toronto, Ontario; and Montreal, Quebec.
This position will be based in the SimuTech Group Chicago office. You MUST be a US citizen or hold a Green card to be considered for this position. Please address your qualification to this requirement in your application.
SimuTech Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.