*US citizenship or Permanent Residency required*
SimuTech Group has an immediate opening for an experienced CFD engineer. The primary role of this position is to perform CFD analysis on a variety of industrial applications using ANSYS CFD software. The ideal candidate will also have some proficiency in performing FEA analysis.
Duties of the position will be tailored to the individual candidate's strengths and will include some of the following:
- Technical support to end-users of the software
- Benchmarks (Presales Support)
- Technical training
- Consulting projects
- Desired Skills & Experience
- M.S. or Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering
- Solid theoretical background in fluid dynamics and numerical methods
- Expertise in at least one of the following areas: Reacting flows and combustion, Turbomachinery, Multiphase Flows, or Conjugate Heat Transfer
- At least 3 full year of substantial practical experience with one of the following: Fluent, CFX, Flow 3D, or Star-CD
- Extensive knowledge of grid generation and meshing techniques including commercial meshers (ANSYS Meshing, ICEM, Gambit, CFX-Mesh, T-grid, etc.)
- Ability to use 3-D CAD to modify or build parts and assemblies (Designmodeler, SpaceClaim, Solidworks, ProE, or Unigraphics, etc)
- Knowledge of turbulence modeling beyond RANS, multiphase flows, turbomachinery, high speed compressible flows, or heat transfer (especially in the context of CFD)
- Excellent English-based writing and verbal skills
- US citizenship required
Experience in these other areas will be considered a plus:
- Combustion and radiation modeling, MHD flows, pollution modeling with CFD, or turbomachinery blade design
- ANSYS experience manipulating and/or modeling complex 3-D assemblies
- Academic background or work experience in structural mechanics and FEA
- Optimization and DOE methods
- Mechanical Finite Element Analysis
If you are selected to join us, you will become a key member of our technical staff and will work and learn in a challenging technical environment. Success will be measured not only by helping to grow our FEA & CFD business, but also by continued development of your own technical skills by solving challenging problems in a wide variety of industries. Each member of our staff is a CFD or FEA expert who also maintains an expertise in one or more specialized fields. Many of our engineers have advanced degrees from the top US and Commonwealth engineering schools with a number of years experience in the engineering consulting business. We maintain a high level of professionalism in a friendly, cooperative environment.
SimuTech Group provides critical engineering solutions to a diverse group of manufacturing companies and product developers through sophisticated engineering software and consulting services. These CAE solutions include Finite Element Analysis, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Industry-Specific Software Customization, Web-Deployment of these Vertical Applications, Mentoring, and Training.
SimuTech Group has been the dominant supplier of the ANSYS CFD & FEA family of products to leading companies in the USA and Canada. They rely on us to help them become more productive, improve their engineering processes, and help them to thrive in today's competitive market. We have become a valued partner and a key member of their engineering team.
SimuTech Group is a growing simulation technology company with nearly 80 employees located in Everett, WA; Denver, CO; Rochester, NY; Cleveland, OH; Cincinnati, OH; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Toronto, Ontario; and Montreal, Quebec.
This position will be based in the SimuTech Group Chicago office. You MUST be a US citizen or hold a Green card to be considered for this position. Please address your qualification to this requirement in your application.
SimuTech Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.