SimuTech is an authorized preferred service provider of the Autodesk® Moldflow® products - Autodesk Moldflow Adviser and Autodesk Moldflow Insight - and is able to offer a wide variety of services to make certain you can deliver a quality product in the fastest possible time while optimizing and minimizing product costs and reducing tool re-work costs. While working with you, we can help expedite the part design, tooling, and manufacturing to deliver the proper part which is correct the first time. Our expert Moldflow consultants have over 26 years of experience and are very well known around the industry.
For plastic parts and components to US-based automotive OEM's, Autodesk Moldflow analysis and certification is a SOR (Statement of Requirement).
Manufacturing Requirements - Autodesk Moldflow & Mold Processing:
- The part supplier will deliver Moldflow analysis both prior to and after mold construction.
- Analysis must be completed by an engineering source that is Moldflow “Silver” Certified or better.
If you are not currently meeting the SOR, SimuTech can help you by providing:
- Sales and support of Moldflow software
- Mentoring for your engineering staff that is specifically designed in meeting OEM “Silver” level Moldflow certification – SimuTech has “Gold” certified instructor in North America and works directly with the Moldflow certification training team
- Continuing Technical Support of Moldflow software through the Autodesk Subscription and the SimuTech Support™ programs
- Entry-level and Advanced-level classes for on-going training needs
- Short-term consulting services to meet the “engineering source” requirement today while your engineering staff becomes “Silver” certified
There are several stages of analyses that can be run which are extremely quick and comprehensive which can deliver a vast amount of information for design for manufacturability of any part design or tool design. The use of the non-isothermal, non-newtonian CFD solvers within the Moldflow software allows for accurate and reliable results.
- gate position(s)
- material selection
- molding window optimization
- cavity layout for multi-cavity or family tools
- two shot molding
- thermoset molding
- runner and gate sizing
- gas traps identification
- weld line placement
- sink mark calculations
- residual stresses
- help identify vent locations
- gas assist molding
Works with mid-plane, 3D and dual domain models.
This phase of the molding process typically results in the most amount of time required for the cycle and has the largest impact on the cost of the product. the cooling analysis allows for the optimization of placement, size, layout and processing for the coolant which includes the need for baffles or bubblers. the cooling analysis can help:
- reduce cycle time
- cooling line layout
- coolant processing
- evaluate mold inserts
- evaluate designs and process
- digitally optimize tool design
- select higher conductivity metals
- reduce distortion or warp
- help identify ejector pin locations
SimuTech not only can help identify the net shape of the manufactured part, but can also identify the primary cause of distortion which allows someone to properly direct their efforts to resolve or minimize the problem rather than just making random changes to part design, tooling, or processing. SimuTech can also use the residually strained model as input for structural analysis with ANSYS to give better correlation to real world problems and potential failure for plastic parts.
When you think of mold flow (mould flow), mold filling, mold cool, mold cooling, warpage, distortion, net shape of your plastic design or when you need to meet market demands for timing, quality and reduced costs without excessive costs for prototype tooling; SimuTech Group is your number one solution provider for all your Moldflow requirements. Our plastics simulation experts have over 26 years of industry expertise and are regularly called upon for expert peer reviews on various plastic simulations.
SimuTech Group is also your Premier Authorized Autodesk® Moldflow® Reseller across North America.